Sunday, August 29, 2010

UFC 118: BJ Penn Vs. Frankie Edgar 2 [RESULTS]

*WOW,, as you can see I cought the fight on my computer via online stream.. I Know I'm CHEAP lol. Well Frankie Edgar (White Trunks) proved himself yet again but re-defeating the future Hall of Famer BJ Penn (Black Trunks) with a great display of athleticism, showing no signs of ever slowing down throughout the fight. While Penn on the other hand, might have just showed us how he is just not the same GREAT explosive fighter that he once was. All in all I'd say it was a good fight, I have new respect for Frankie Edgar, but still I expected more diversity from BJ Penn, at least more kicks and take downs, but again just like most of his recent fights, he relied heavily on his hands, which I think Penn is still one of the best if not the best boxer in the UFC, but that might have been what had costed him the fight.
*RESULTS:
Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar [WIN] vs BJ Penn (via Decision)
Heavyweight bout: Randy Couture [WIN] vs James Toney (via Submission)
Middleweight bout: Demian Maia [WIN] vs Mario Miranda (via Decision)
Lightweight bout: Kenny Florian vs Gray Maynard [WIN] (via Decision)
Welterweight bout: Nate Diaz [WIN] vs Marcus Davis (via Submission)

No comments:

Post a Comment